BUILD YOUR CAREER WITH MIYAGI
Consultant’s Professional Challenges
The role of the Change Management Consultant is to act as an expert advisor to their clients, mainly during transformation initiatives that bring major changes to an organization. Depending on the type of mandate, the consultant is responsible for :
- Engaging stakeholders in the change management process.
- Analyzing human and organizational impacts generated by the change.
- Identifying potential risks and issues.
- Defining and implementing the change management strategy and plan tailored to the needs of all stakeholders.
- Developing and monitoring change management performance indicators throughout the project.
- Coordinating all change management activities while ensuring consistency and alignment with the established strategy and the business sector.
- Recommending the best change management approaches and solutions.
These activities are carried out according to recognized change management methodologies and guidelines. In addition, the consultant is expected to work closely with project management and training teams to ensure cohesive efforts towards a common goal. To carry out these activities, the consultant may be asked to perform the following deliverables, among others, based on the client’s needs:
- Initial assessment
- Impacts analysis
- Stakeholder analysis and coaching
- Change management strategy
- Change management plan
- Implementation readiness activities
- Post-implementation monitoring activities
As a consulting firm, client service is our main focus. Awareness towards business impacts and accountability on the part of the consultant foster trust and autonomy. Transparent communication using project tracking tools is an integral part of the consultant’s day-to-day functions and key to keeping communication channels open. The consultant must keep track of the development ratios, budget, risks, issues and target dates of all project deliverables.
Given the nature of consulting work, the capacity to quickly adapt and effortlessly gain the client’s confidence are two essential elements to ensure the success of any project.
Our clients, located in the greater Montreal area (the island of Montreal as well as the south and north shore), often require that consultants work on site. As a result, consultants must be able to commute within this area. Therefore, it is expected that the consultant will be able to commute by car since not all clients are located in places easily accessible by public transportation.
In addition to client mandates, consultants are invited to participate in one of the internal committees and contribute to the evolution of the organization
Finally, the consultant is supported and encouraged to keep their skills up-to-date as a means to ensure they provide exceptional service and comply with best practices in the area of change management.
Required Skills and Areas of Expertise
Bachelor’s or master’s degree related to the field of change management.
|(Essential)||Experience in IT implementation project (preferably ERP)|
|(Essential)||5+ years experience in consulting and change management for major clients|
|Asset)||PROSCI Certification in Change Management|
|(Asset)||Project Management Certification (PMP)|
|(Essential)||Proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Office Suite tools|
|(Essential)||Application of methodological principles in change management|
|(Essential)||Fluent in French and English, written and spoken|
|(Essential)||Ability to manage their work and meet deadlines set for planned deliverables|
|(Essential)||Ability to quickly adapt to new work environments|
|(Essential)||Ability to quickly develop a relationship of trust with their clients|
|(Important)||Ability to anticipate internal political issues|
- Team player
- Open-minded and humble
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Attention to quality and compliance with established guidelines
- Self-discipline and sense of responsibility
- Flexibility and versatility
- Leadership capacity