BUILD YOUR CAREER WITH MIYAGI
Consultant’s Professional Challenges
The role of the Learning and Performance Solutions Consultant is to carry out various training activities typically related, but not limited, to the rollout of large-scale IT systems, such as ERPs, in order to enable users to be productive when the application goes live.
The consultant may be involved in one or more stages of the projects, according to the needs of the clients:
- Analyze training needs and define optimal pedagogical strategies.
- Develop prototypes, define standards and develop templates for the design of training and performance support materials.
- Design and script training material (traditional or eLearning) in close collaboration with SMEs.
- Develop performance support tools and build reference materials for users.
- Coordinate the training rollout logistics and deliver train the trainers sessions.
- Plan and follow up evaluation activities using the client’s Learning Management System (LMS) when required.
These activities are carried out according to Miyagi’s methodological guidelines. Depending on the project’s context and the client’s needs, the main deliverables under the consultant’s responsibility can be as follows:
- Inventory of tasks and content
- Lesson plan / storyboard
- Instructor-led training material / eLearning
- Reference material (user guide, online help, job aid, etc.) / performance support tools (decision support, diagnostic assistance, etc.)
As a consulting firm, client service is our main focus. Awareness towards business impacts and accountability on the part of the consultant fosters trust and autonomy. Transparent communication using project tracking tools is an integral part of the consultant’s day-to-day functions and key to keeping communication channels open. The consultant must keep track of the development ratios, budget, risks, issues and target dates of all project deliverables.
Given the nature of consulting work, the capacity to quickly adapt and effortlessly gain the client’s confidence are two essential elements to ensure the success of any project.
Our clients located in the greater Montreal area (the island of Montreal as well as the south and north shores), often require that consultants work on site. As a result, consultants must be able to commute within this area. Therefore, it is expected that the consultant will be able to commute by car since not all clients are located in places easily accessible by public transportation.
In addition to client mandates, consultants are invited to participate in one of the internal committees and contribute to the evolution of the organization.
Finally, the consultant is supported and encouraged to keep their skills up-to-date as a means to ensure they provide exceptional service and respect best practices in the field of learning and performance support in the workplace.
Required Skills and Areas of Expertise
Bachelor’s or master’s degree related to the field of training.
|(Essential)||Minimum 2 years experience in instructional design (blended approach)|
|(Important)||Experience in technical writing|
|(Important)||Experience in project mode, ideally in the context of IT implementations|
|(Asset)||Experience in instructional design using development ratios|
|(Asset)||Experience in writing user reference material|
|(Asset)||Experience in mapping work processes|
|(Asset)||Experience in project management|
|(Essential)||Fluent in French and English, written and spoken|
|(Essential)||In-depth mastery of the Microsoft Office Suite and the drawing tools ribbon|
|(Essential)||Self-managed and ability to meet deliverable deadlines|
|(Essential)||Ability to quickly adapt to new work environments|
|(Essential)||Ability to quickly develop a relationship of trust with their clients|
|(Important)||Ability to apply andragogy principles|
|(Important)||Ability to apply best practices of visual ergonomics|
|(Important)||Ability to anticipate internal political issues|
|(Important)||Ability to work in a team and share responsibilities|
|(Important)||Knowledge of eLearning authoring tools such as Storyline, Camtasia and Captivate|
|(Asset)||Ability to interview experts, grasp issues and establish processes|
|(Asset)||Knowledge of ERP systems (SAP, Oracle, etc.)|
|(Asset)||Knowledge of specialized performance support tools such as RoboHelp, Assima and UPK|
- Team player
- Open-minded and humble
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Attention to quality and compliance with established guidelines
- Self-discipline and sense of responsibility
- Flexibility and versatility
- Leadership capacity